§1. General terms and conditions
- These Terms and Conditions define the conditions for the provision of services by the translation agency TKTRANSLATE Tomasz Korab, ul. Stanisława Staszica 12/1, 38-400 Krosno/Poland, VAT number: 6842381974 (hereinafter TKTRANSLATE).
- TKTRANSLATE undertakes to make every effort to ensure that each translation/interpretation order is carried out in accordance with the terms agreed between TKTRANSLATE and the customer.
- All translation/interpretation services are carried out by TKTRANSLATE upon receipt of a written order confirmation (e-mail) from the customer.
- The absence of a written order releases TKTRANSLATE from the obligation to provide a specific service.
§2. Conditions for order execution
- The billing unit for simple translations is a billing page of 1,800 characters with spaces, if applicable number of words or working time, and in the case of a certified translation/certified by a sworn translator (certified translation), a billing page of 1,125 characters with spaces.
- The basis for billing the client is the number of characters or words in the source text transmitted by the client to TKTRANSLATE. The page number of a regular translation is calculated to one decimal place and the page number of a certified translation is rounded up to the next full page. The minimum billing unit is one page.
- The certified translations are made based on the submitted original, copy or scan.
- The price of a written translation does not include the preparation of the text for publication or its editing.
- If the client wishes to use certain terminology during the translation, he is obliged to include a corresponding glossary with the text to be translated. If such a glossary is not provided, TKTRANSLATE reserves the right to use in the translation the correct vocabulary, which may differ from the wishes of the customer but which corresponds to accepted translation practice and the best knowledge in a given field.
- The agreed order processing time does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
- For urgent orders, TKTRANSLATE reserves the right to split the order between several translators, which may lead to discrepancies in the terminology used.
- If the translation is suspended during execution, the client is obliged to pay compensation for the service actually provided and to reimburse other costs incurred by TKTRANSLATE in connection with the preparation for the provision of the ordered services.
- TKTRANSLATE undertakes to carry out orders with due care, in particular in accordance with the recognized principles of the art of translation.
- TKTRANSLATE has the right to refrain from executing an order placed if there is reasonable suspicion that the content contained therein is illegal.
- Within 14 working days from the date of delivery of the translation to the customer by TKTRANSLATE, the customer has the right to report any defects identified in the translation. Complaints should be submitted in writing, stating the alleged defects.
- If the complaint is justified, TKTRANSLATE will correct the translation free of charge within the shortest period agreed with the client.
- TKTRANSLATE assumes no liability for translation errors in content that are due to errors in the output document.
§4. Processing of personal data
The provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data, on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/ EC (“GDPR”) apply from May 25, 2018.
The administrator of your personal data is the translation agency TKTRANSLATE Tomasz Korab, VAT number: 6842381974, Str. Staszica 12/1, 38-400 Krosno/Poland, further „TKTRANSLATE”. TKTRANSLATE’s primary objective is to ensure the protection of your personal information provided to us in the course of providing the services we offer. Your personal data will be processed by TKTRANSLATE and our trusted partners.
The data collected by TKTRANSLATE is processed and stored for the following purposes:
- carrying out the translation order or other services provided by our translation agency,
- contact with current/potential customers of our translation agency,
- we offer our services to current and future customers,
- checking the demand for the services of our translation agency,
- determination, assertion or rejection of claims in connection with the provision of our services,
- fulfilling our obligations based on the legislation currently in force in Poland and the European Union.
We collect personal data in the following ways:
- transmission of documents/personal data to us,
- entering data in the inquiry/order/tender/agreement/shipping forms etc.
- storing the cookies,
- collection of the web server logo by our hosting operator.
Contacting the TKTRANSLATE translation agency by email/telephone/in person is is treated as consenting to the processing of the personal data entrusted to us. All documents entrusted to us by the client are treated confidentially. At the customer’s request, TKTRANSLATE will provide a separate document confirming confidentiality. You have the right to access, correct, amend and delete your data and to lodge a complaint with the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection if you believe that your rights have been violated. You also have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time by notifying us by email/telephone or in person at TKTRANSLATE, Str. Staszica 12/1, 38-400 Krosno/Poland.
§5. Liability, copyright, payment
- The material liability for any damages in connection with the delivery of an incorrect translation by TKTRANSLATE is limited to the amount of the net fee (excluding VAT) owed for the preparation of this translation order. The maximum liability limit is PLN 3,000.
- The obligation to pay compensation does not extend to errors in express orders. A customer who orders an urgent translation assumes the risk of translation errors. However, TKTRANSLATE is obliged to remove them immediately.
- The copyright in the finished translation passes to the customer immediately upon payment of the total price on the basis of a VAT invoice issued by TKTRANSLATE for a specific translation order.
§6. Other provisions
In matters not regulated in these Terms and Conditions, the relevant provisions of the Polish Civil Code apply.